Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Darwin Award

We saw the funniest thing the other day as we were driving the kids to a primary activity. We were driving down the road and saw a couple having a huge fight. The lady was totally punching this guy in the kidney over and over and then she tried to strangle him. This isn't normally a funny thing but when you consider they were on a SCOOTER driving down the road at the time............. its pretty hilarious.

The lady, who probably weighed 100lbs, was sitting behind the guy driving and she was really trying to do some damage to him. She just kept punching and punching and then when she tried to strangle him, I thought, "now there's a smart thing to do. why not make the person driving the scooter pass out? That way both of you die together." I thought she'd be a good candidate for the Darwin award. (award for the dumbest death) I think Chris and I laughed the entire rest of the way to the activity.

Speaking of funny things: Children say the darndest things sometimes. Last night Sara was sitting on my lap and as we were playing around she opened her mouth and came in like she was going to bite me right on my cheek. I quickly protested saying, "Sara, you don't want mommy to bite YOU do you?" (the obvious answer being....NO!) However, Sara's face brightened and she enthusiastically replied, "Bite me mommy, bite me!" I almost wet my pants I laughed so hard.

Gabe said something pretty funny at piano lessons this week. At the end of one of his songs, he had to play a dissonant cord. The music sounded "off," but on purpose. He told his teacher that the music sounded like, "a crime scene." His teacher got such a kick out of that. He comes up with stuff like that all the time at piano. He's pretty entertaining.

Last night at dinner the kids were asking about dating and marriage and during the discussion Gabe made a funny comment. When we were discussing the kind of person you want to marry he piped up and said, "Yeah, you don't want to marry yourself cause that would be boring." We all just kind of looked at each other for a sec and then it dawned on me that he meant you don't want to marry someone exactly like yourself. He's a pretty deep thinker he is, especially when it comes to love. When a visiting author at the school gave a presentation to the first graders, she asked if any of them had ever been in love. Gabe, was the only one who shot his hand in the air to confidently declare he had been in love during kindergarten last year. After school several teachers who had been there approached me to tell me about how funny it was.

1 comment:

  1. Ali, It is good to see your face! Emily's hair is getting so long and Gabe is so big. It looks like you guys are having a great experience in the east. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete